Applewood Centers Logo

hope-giving-family-caring tag

Psychiatry Services

As an experienced multidisciplinary provider of behavioral health services for children and teens, Applewood Centers has always provided psychiatry services as a component of our continuum of care. We offer psychiatric support treatment to children up to age 18. All of our outpatient psychiatrists are board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry.

We provide psychiatric evaluations of children and teens, and medication management for a variety of disorders including:

  • Developmental and learning issues
  • Mood (including depression and bipolar)
  • Eating disorders
  • Schizophrenia and other thought disorders
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Other behavior and disruptive disorders

Our team trains child, adolescent and adult psychiatry residents from Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals of Cleveland in outpatient community psychiatry. These physicians, under the supervision of our psychiatrists, provide evaluation and medication management services to clients.

We accept referrals directly from families, physicians, schools, therapists, as well as organizations such as public agencies, courts and managed care companies.

Appointments are now being accepted. Call (440) 324-1300 today to secure your slot.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is child psychiatry?

Psychiatry is the branch of medicine that deals with mental health concerns. Psychiatrists are physicians that are specially trained to provide evaluations, determine if medicine might be helpful in addressing behavior or emotional problems, and prescribe and monitor these medications. Child psychiatrists specialize in providing these services to children and adolescents.

How long is a psychiatry session?

The first appointment, when the psychiatrist completes his or her assessment of your child or adolescent, will take approximately an hour and a half. Follow-up appointments to monitor medications will vary based on the needs of your child, but generally take less than an hour. The number of sessions will vary based on individual need.

How will I pay for psychiatry services?

Applewood Centers accepts any traditional insurance, many HMOs and PPOs and Medicaid. As a contract agency of the Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board of Cuyahoga County, and the Lorain County Board of Mental Health, Applewood is able to offer a sliding fee scale based on family income to assist with payment, when appropriate.

end faq

For Information

Cuyahoga County:  (216) 696-6983
Lorain County:  (440) 324-1300