Residential services at Applewood Centers are centered around our commitment to provide individualized services and quality care. We work with clients on character development, self-management, leadership development and positive peer culture. The Residential Treatment program:
- Offers campus-wide crisis response
- Features childcare workers with college degrees, many of whom have extensive experience working with severely-troubled youth
- Includes board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists and an advanced degreed residential leadership team
- Includes a supervisor, nurse and psychiatrist who are on call 24 hours a day for emergencies
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment
- Crisis stabilization
- Discharge planning and case management, which begin at admission
- Psychiatric consultation, evaluation and medication management
- Crisis intervention
- Psychological testing
- Partial hospitalization
- Routine medical, dental and optical care
- Individual, family and group therapy
- Milieu therapy; providing consistent routines, rules and activities
- Therapeutic recreation
- Therapeutic garden program
- Expressive art therapies
- Specialized educational services
Along with the treatment provided in this program, residents have access to Applewood's other behavioral health and social service programs including foster care and counseling services. These programs are often used to help transition clients back into the community.
This residential treatment program provides intensive, multi-faceted therapeutic services for girls ages 11 to 18 who have severe emotional and behavioral difficulties. Latency-aged girls are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
These girls are unable to live safely in the community and often have experienced a mixture of acute and long-standing difficulties that have not responded adequately to previous treatment. Initial presenting problems may include developmental delays, aggressive and impulsive behaviors, symptoms of sexual abuse, disturbance of mood, extreme fears, severe relationship difficulties, risk of harm to self or others and school failure.
The Apple Blossom residential program specializes in the following treatment:
- Post-traumatic stress and reactive attachment disorders
- Chronic mood, thought, and/or behavior and/or substance abuse disorders
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to address mood instability, interpersonal effectiveness, frustration tolerance, and/or self-harmful behaviors
- Those who may have issues with the juvenile justice system
All treatment and interventions are focused on recovery. The structured living environment builds trusting relationships, encourages respect for self and others, promotes personal growth and responsibility and fosters hope for the future.
To download a brochure about Applewood Centers Residential Treatment services click here.